Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Dispatch from Douglas County Dems Party


Not the excitement I hoped for. My dad and I both thought we'd have a result (Kerry for President) by 10:30 Eastern. It's 10:30 Central, and it's still scarily close.


Florida is slipping away, and Ohio isn't what I thought it would be. I'm surprised that New Mexico is as good for Kerry as it is, and I never expected Pennsylvania to go to Kerry so overwhelmingly. I'm also surprised that the landslide in PA hasn't slopped over into Ohio or West Virginia. On a policy level, I'd think that what worked in PA would have also sold Michigan.


I also never believed that MI, WI, MN, OR or WA were anywhere near close. It's a shame that they haven't been called.


On a lighter note, Governor Sebelius came and talked to us, which was cool. She didn't say anything overwhelming, but it's nice to see a Democrat in public office from Kansas.


I'm also glad that Lee Jones didn't get as badly crushed as he could have.


CNN is getting ready to call FL for Bush. Suck.


So that leaves NM, IA, NV and CO. I'm unhappy with where things stand.


Dailykos.com and TalkingPointsMemo.com are saying that youth turnout was low. Stunning.