Red State Rabble: Georgia legislator introduces legislation to ban evolution
His bill would allow only “scientific fact” be taught in public schools. … “It's in the book that it's a theory, but these teachers teach it like it's a fact,” says Bridges. “Let's teach them the truth or don't teach them anything.” Read more here: http://www.11alive.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=58116
Excerpts from the newly revised Georgia textbooks:
- Force might equal mass times acceleration.
- Matter probably can't be created or destroyed.
- The center of the earth may or may not be a spinning ball of molten iron.
- Some believe that magnets respond to invisible “forces.”
- The light from the stars is might be the light of Muspelheim filtering through holes in Ymir's skin. Others believe they are fusion reactors.
- No human has yet been shown to survive without oxygen. Some scientists believe molecular oxygen to be necessary for human life.
- The brain may play a role in organizing and regulating thought. The Georgia legislature is unsure.