Thursday, October 20, 2005

Thursday Random Ten

Lab day today, little or no blogging 'til evening.

As always, we break out the Random Ten playlist, and get ten songs that haven't been played in the last day or so.

"We Laugh Indoors" by Death Cab For Cutie from the album The Photo Album (2001, 4:58).
"Tin Tin Deo" by Junior Mance Trio from the album Happy Time (1962, 4:42).
"Bob Dylan's Dream" by Bob Dylan from the album The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan (1963, 5:03).
"Beautiful Sorta" by Ryan Adams from the album Cold Roses (2005, 3:01).
"Aurora en Pekín" by Marc Ribot from the album Marc Ribot y Los Cubanos Postizos (1998, 5:31).
"Crystal Country" by Destroyer from the album This Night (2002, 3:44).
"The Electric Halo" by The Bruces from the album The Shining Path (3:06).
"All the Madmen" by David Bowie from the album The Man Who Sold the World (1971, 5:39).
"I'll Be Blue" by Frank Black & the Catholics from the album Dog in the Sand (2001, 3:34).
"Is There Any Way Out Of This Dream" by Tom Waits & Crystal Gayle from the album One From The Heart (1982, 2:09).

An analysis of my traffic reveals Thursday to be my best traffic day, so people are either rewarding me for not blogging, or are seeing me lag behind the times.

As a special treat, let's start a new blog meme, Random Ten posts. I chose 10 dates between the beginning of the blog and today, and chose my favorite post from the day.

Here we go.

August 10th brought a meditation on Stem Cells and the Limits of Life.

On September 28, 2004, I wrote about the race between Nancy Boyda and Jim Ryun, in response to a particularly offensive ad he ran on local television.

Way back on October 1 I was pointing out that Global warming was getting hot, and that hurricane intensity would increase.

November 30 began the discussion of Mallard Rape and duck genitals.

On March 26, the talk was about Terry Schiavo, and I wrote about Absolutism in the philosophical underpinnings of that battle.

April 7 brought my 20,000th unique visitor, and a post now in the quicklinks to the right about why I call it Intelligent Design Creationism, and even a post about the filibuster, conservatism, and liberals.

On May 22, I wrote about Fear as a motivating force in politics and especially in the evolution debate.

On August 2, I was thinking about How Science Works, regarding the debate over the discovery of the Ivory-billed Woodpecker in Arkansas.

On September 25, I passed on a friend's report from a FEMA center where he was volunteering in Marksville, Louisiana.

On October 3, I was trying to work through the moving parts behind the nomination of Harriet Miers, in a post on Reid and Miers.