Thursday, November 10, 2005

Paul Morrison explains

Chat transcript with Paul Morrison, Democratic candidate for attorney general:
Stephanie, Overland Park: Mr. Morrison, did you feel that you had to switch parties because the Republican Party in Kansas and Johnson County has abandoned moderates in favor of a socially conservative agenda? If that is the way that you feel, what advice do you have for moderate Republicans who are torn between a party that has abandoned them (conservative Republicans) and a party that doesn't represent their fiscal ideals (Democrats)?

Paul Morrison: Frankly, one of the reasons I switched is because I strongly felt that the Republican Party leadership had abandoned me. I have always been, and will always be, fiscally conservative. I guess that makes me a fairly conservative democrat in some ways. I do think that today in Kansas the democrats represent a more moderate position on most things.
Worth thinking about.