Thursday, December 08, 2005

My favorite kind of Republican

The former kind:
As long as I can remember, I was a Republican. Wait, almost as long as I can remember - because in 1980 at the tender age of 7 I supported John Anderson, the formerly-moderate-Republican-turned-independent who ran against Jimmy Carter and Ronald Reagan.

I guess ol' Johnny and I have come full circle.

In college I was the Executive Director of our campus' College Republicans, and after a brutal three years of law school (more on that nightmare later) I joined the Kansas City Young Republicans and quickly rose through the ranks to become a Board Member there as well. After that I was the Missouri National Committeewoman to the National Young Republicans. I then jumped states and was the Co-Chair of the Johnson County Kansas Young Republicans until earlier this year.

And then I woke the hell up.
Read on.