Friday, February 24, 2006

More newspaper guidance

In my big letters to the editor post, I tried to pick representative papers from around the state that I could remember reading something in at some point. I know I left a lot out, but I didn't want to confuse people with the county paper of each of Kansas' 105 counties, plus all the other papers which are nice but not as high impact as the Pratt Tribune. And I must say, I think I made the list too long, but wasn't sure what to cut.

If your favorite paper wasn't in that list, don't despair. Thersites2 has posted a nice list of Kansas papers and detailed instructions on submitting letters to them. Rather than duplicating that and then letting them get out of sync, I'll let you browse there.

For your convenience, I'll repeat my earlier list, with a few additions:

Statewide Papers:
Kansas City Star
Wichita Eagle
Topeka Capital Journal

Northeast:
Johnson County Sun
Lawrence Journal-World
Atchison Daily Globe
Emporia Gazette
Leavenworth Times

Southeast:

Winfield Courier
Arkansas City Traveler
Hutchinson News
Pittsburg Morning Sun
Parsons Sun

Southwest:

Dodge City Daily Globe
SW Daily Times (Liberal, KS)
Pratt Tribune
Garden City Telegram


Northwest:
Salina Journal
Hays Daily News
Manhattan Mercury
Clay Center Dispatch
Colby Free Press, as well as 6 other papers in NW KS

Who did I leave out or put in the wrong area?